Sailing on Sunday 26th
Let’s go sailing!
It’s been a long time since we have all been together on the water. The committee, over the past few months has been focused on the arrangements with the health board and making sure the club was in a safe financial position to navigate the turbulent waters of Covid-19. We have updated our risk assessments and introduced new procedures to make us Covid Secure. I would like to thank my committee for their support and can assure you that we will continue to do our best for the club and you, the members.
We can now move to our next phase,this Sunday will be the first ‘organised sailing activity’ at the club. The current legislation allows us to have groups of 30 at organised activities. If you would like to come to the club on Sunday for a sail, or rig your boat, or just pop by as you go for a walk on the prom then it would be great to see you.
A few points to remember
• Please register that you are coming (including launch and recovery helpers)
• No toilets or changing rooms available
• Test, Trace, Protect procedures will be in place
• Consider using a mast head float (club has some which can be loaned)
• Remember nothing in the 8m safety zone in the boat park
• First aid kit will be in the garage, along with cold packs (not in the clubhouse)
• Hand sanitiser stations
• If you need to be recovered from a capsize it will be from the mast and using scoop methods
• If you need to be recovered to the safety boat you will be asked to use a ladder to embark and wear a mask (will be given to you)
Each organised activity must have a responsible person (over 18) in charge and we will have two persons from the same household or extended household in the safety boat.
Sunday 26th July
Activity Organiser Rosina Hearn
Safety boat – Rosina & Les Radley
Launch Vehicle – Gareth Roberts
After sunday we will review our processes and make any changes necessary, feedback will be welcome. Then hopefully we can start getting out on a regular basis.
See you soon
Rosina Hearn VR
Llandudno Sailing Club