Llandudno Sailing Club Equality & Diversity Policy
- To make boating in all its forms an activity that is genuinely open to anyone who wishes to take part.
- To provide the framework for everyone to enjoy the sport, in whatever capacity and to whatever level the individual desires.
- To ensure that our programmes and activities are accessible to all, including those who have been under-represented in the past.
Llandudno Sailing Club is committed to the principle of equality of opportunity. We aim to ensure that all present and potential participants, members, instructors, coaches, competitors, officials, volunteers and employees are treated fairly and on an equal basis, irrespective of sex, age, disability, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, gender reassignment.
- Llandudno Sailing Club is friendly, welcoming and open to all and have procedures in place to deal with any instances of discriminatory language or behaviour.
- Appointments to voluntary or paid positions within Llandudno Sailing Club will be made on the basis of an individual’s skills and experience and the competencies required for the role.
- Working in partnership with the RYA we will work to ensure all our activities are accessible to people from all communities.
- Llandudno Sailing Club will provide the necessary education and training so that all members are aware of this policy and our commitment to equality.
- Llandudno Sailing Club reserves the right to discipline any of its member clubs and affiliates who are in breach of this policy.
- The effectiveness of this policy will be monitored and evaluated by the Committee on an ongoing basis.
- A copy of this document will be available on the Llandudno Sailing Club website at http://llandudno-sailing.com/
- The Commodore will take overall responsibility for ensuring that the policy is observed and the Committee will appoint a Director as an Equality Champion to monitor this area of work.